I’ve Been Playing ‘Pathfinder Adventures’, and I Can’t Wait to Play More – Touch Arcade



Pathfinder AdventuresPathfinder AdventuresSo, over the past few days I’ve been playing an early build of Obsidian’s Pathfinder Adventures (formerly known as Pathfinder Adventure Card Game), and if you enjoy RPGs, CCGs, and the feeling of rolling dice for your life, I believe you’re going to like this one. If you don’t already know anything concerning the game, Pathfinder Adventures is a card game based on Pathfinder Adventure Card Game and Pathfinder RPG, the rather popular tabletop RPG. Pathfinder Adventures is a cooperative game for 1-4 gamers in which gamers play unique characters, each along with his or her own deck of cards and a set of stats. You increase your character by completing various adventures and acquiring spell cards, weapon cards, and more, which permit you to customize your deck and, at the very same time, your hero. I had higher hopes for Pathfinder Adventures, and I’m glad to say that from exactly what I’ve seen so far, the game is even much better compared to I’d hoped for.

Pathfinder AdventuresPathfinder AdventuresThe initial feature you’ll delight in even if you’ve played the card game prior to is exactly how Obsidian has actually managed to turn a bodily card game where your imagination has to do most of the job in to a globe that feels alive. You’ll be taking a trip to various locations on a map, and each encounter takes place in beautifully-rendered locations along with subtle animations, which insight you feel you’re exploring a fantasy globe pretty compared to simply playing a card game. The cards are likewise rather nice to consider along with clear explanations and good-looking art, and the UI is quite well laid out, though on the busy side.

Without obtaining in to as well a lot detail concerning all of the rules, the means you play Pathfinder Adventures is you tempt from a deck at each location you visit and you usually tempt either a boon (weapons, allies, spells, etc) or a bane (monsters, traps, etc). Then, you have actually to roll dice to either obtain a boon or defeat a bane. The various cards you already own can easily include dice to your rolls, yet you have actually to usage them wisely so as not to run from cards down the line. The thing I truly enjoyed concerning the game is that while in the start I fell that I was simply going by the numbers (choosing cards depending on dice number and so on), at some point the game clicked and I felt that the various characteristics of the cards I was playing mattered as well; that shift gained the game feel enjoy a fantasy RPG pretty compared to simply a fantasy-themed CCG.

Pathfinder AdventuresPathfinder Adventures

I truly enjoyed my time along with the game, and if you’ve been waiting to see whether Obsidian would certainly pull this one off, I believe you’ll be pleasantly surprised. The game will certainly launch as a single-gamer or pass-and-play experience along with online multiplayer being added in the coming months. The game will certainly be available to download for free and will certainly contain the tutorial too as one adventure. If you wish to get hold of the rest of the adventures, you’ll have actually to purchase them. Pathfinder Adventures comes out March 29th, and after playing the game, I’m rather excited. delight in the screenshots below.

Pathfinder AdventuresPathfinder Adventures

Pathfinder AdventuresPathfinder Adventures

Pathfinder AdventuresPathfinder Adventures

Pathfinder AdventuresPathfinder Adventures

Pathfinder AdventuresPathfinder Adventures













  • RLennon


    Why isn’t it March 29th now?????

    I want it now!!!!





  • tinytouchtales


    Looks and sounds quite cool!





  • spader623


    It’s on iPhones too.. Right?





  • Michael Gevins


    Obsidian Entertainment as in the guys that did Fallout:NV, South Park and others? Color me impressed, can’t wait for this to come out. Quality mobile gaming along with an RPG/CCG, ought to be great.





Subscribe to receive free email updates:

0 Response to "I’ve Been Playing ‘Pathfinder Adventures’, and I Can’t Wait to Play More – Touch Arcade"